Three words:
not. that. bad.
I've now completed day one of the paleo diet and today I am on day two.
Normally when I wake up, I feel like I've been starved all night. Actually, when Tristian wakes me up for a bottle at three in the morning, is when I feel like I've been starved all night. Surprisingly, Tristian didn't wake up for a bottle last night. Maybe, it had something to do with all of the whole organic yummy food and meals we ate on day one! Anyways, my point is, when I woke up, I wasn't even hungry!! That's progress people. Progress in ONLY twenty four hours, might I add.
I lost a whole pound.
A whole. entire. pound.
This puts me at 131.
Do you know how good it feels to actually be excited to weigh myself? Normally after hopping on the scale, I take a walk of shame to the kitchen to make cinnamon rolls for breakfast, or a big bowl of lucky charms.
Not this morning.
After doing my happy dance, I walked in the kitchen and treated myself to blackberries.
Yes, blackberries are a treat.
Since it's only been a day, and progress pictures would be a waste of time, I figured I'd take you guys through day one (yesterday) and some of the meals and snacks I chose.
Breakfast (8:00 a.m.)
WHO GETS TO EAT BACON ON A DIET?
This girl.
This whole paleo diet, aint' that bad eh?
Anyways, I'm not a fan of egg. At all. I don't like the texture, taste, feel, yuck.
If it were up to me, I would have just eaten bacon alone.
But I knew I needed some sort of protein to keep me full, so I basically just covered my bacon in a little egg.
But I knew I needed some sort of protein to keep me full, so I basically just covered my bacon in a little egg.
Then, I added a nice bowl of organic strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and pineapple.
Pistachios. They are the bomb dot com and shockingly filling!
Lunch (12:30 p.m.)
Two words:
zucchini. spaghetti.
This probably doesn't taste as appetizing as it really is.
This was actually AMAZING.
I could literally live off of it.
It's ground beef, shredded zucchini, broccoli and organic tomato's + sauce.
Did you know, just HALF a cup of noodles have 42 grams of carbs?!
A whole entire HUGE zucchini has zero.
Snack (3:00 p.m.)
Excuse my language, but I shit you not - I felt like I was eating candy as I was downing this.
Tristian and I were actually at the pool when snack time came around, so it was super refreshing.
Blueberries, strawberries and pinapple.
Earth's candy.
Dinner (6:00 p.m.)
Steak.
I. love. steak.
I attempted to bake sweet potato fries, which didn't turn out how I wanted it too.
It was actually still really good though.
Steak, a nice salad w/ a little bit of ranch & some attempted sweet potato fries was the perfect way to end day one.
From now on, I'm going to try to not eat after six because I feel like the food just sits on my stomach all night.
So, that was day one! Looks tasty right?
It's nice to be on a diet that doesn't make you change your portions, count calories, or starve me.
This is why it's more of a lifestyle change.



No comments:
Post a Comment